Adopters must be at least 18 years of age.
- A $25 deposit is required to put an animal on hold. Holds are valid for 24 hours and are not accepted over the phone or online.
- The hold deposit is non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be transferred to another animal.
- Dog-to-dog meet and greet introductions, led by our canine staff, are required for families wishing to add an additional canine companion to their home.
- If our team of professionals deem an introduction unsuccessful, families will be counseled and assisted in finding a more suitable dog. The hold deposit, if applicable, will be returned should a dog meet and greet be unsuccessful.
- Cats that are declawed are only adopted to homes that intend to keep them strictly as indoor pets. MHS does not condone declawing. We will counsel cat adopters about a variety of non-surgical methods to avoid potential damage a cat may cause with his/her claws.
- MHS reserves the right to approve, delay, or deny any potential adoption as we deem appropriate.
- Adoption fees are non-refundable. A check return fee of $30 will be charged.