Get Your Bikes Out and Ride for the Animals!
Motorcyclists will gather on the grounds of MHS in Swanzey to ride on a 75-mile pre-determined route through beautiful, scenic paved roads of NH to benefit the animals of Monadnock Humane Society. You'll get your first poker chip draw to enter on your card as you register at the event Saturday Morning. Registration is from 9:30-10:30am.
There will be three additional stops along the route to get your poker chip draw and the fifth and final poker chip draw will be given upon return at the MHS facility by 2pm. The winning hand of the Poker Run gets $300.00. Stay for the After Party where there will be Food Trucks , DJ and music, a 50/50 Raffle and a fantastic Brown Bag Raffle with items donated by local businesses when you return to MHS.
Click here if you would like to preview the Ride Route and Instructions.
If you have never done a Poker Run - here is more information:
1. When a rider checks-in at MHS, you will receive a “passport” that has spaces to record five poker chip draws. At that time, you will draw your first poker chip. There will be 10 poker chips of each color (red, blue, white) in a cloth bag for the drawing at each stop. When a rider draws the first poker chip, the color will be recorded on your passport (and stamped with a special hole punch). You will then put your poker chip back in the cloth bag, and you will depart for the next destination.
2. Riders will proceed to the following stops after MHS/Check in :
a. Mr. Mike’s (Fitzwilliam)
b. Brady’s American Grill Restaurant (Peterborough)
c. Mr. Mike’s (Stoddard)
d. MHS (upon return)
3. At every stop, each rider will draw one more poker chip in the same way as you did at MHS. Again, it will be recorded on your passport, and then you will proceed to the next destination.
4. Each rider will draw a final chip at MHS upon return, and it will be recorded on your passport. At that time, you will submit their passport to Ryan, who is a committee member and. Then, you can enjoy the music, food trucks, and motorcycle games!
5. At 1:30 pm, when all the passports have been collected and recorded, MHS will host a drawing to determine the value of each chip color. There will be one of each chip (red, blue, white) in a cloth bag. The chip colors will be awarded the following points:
1st Drawn = 3 points
2nd Drawn = 2 points
3rd Drawn = 1 point
6. MHS calculates a point total for each rider based on their draws and the points assigned to each color.
7. If there is a tie between multiple riders, they will each draw another poker chip to add to their total. That will continue until one rider has the most points, and a winner will be named!
Registration is $35/one rider, $50/rider & Passenger. If you pre-register before 9/15 you will receive a $5 discount. All registrants receive a beautiful Wheels4Paws tee shirt - designed by artist Heather Samperisi (a long-time MHS volunteer!). Click here to download a pdf of the registration form if you prefer to mail yours in.
If you have any questions, contact Mary Dziedzinski at wheels4paws@
All proceeds from the Wheels4Paws Charity Motorcycle Poker Run go directly to the care of the homeless animals at MHS!
Want to fundraise for the animals, too? Ask your friends, family, colleagues - anyone you know who loves animals - to sponsor you on the ride. Click here for an official Wheels4Paws sponsor form.
Image already added