Gift Acceptance Policy
Monadnock Humane Society (“MHS”) Gift Acceptance Policy
MHS Mission: Our mission is to strengthen the animal-human bond by promoting and providing for the well-being of animals.
MHS respects your privacy and the privacy of all of our friends and donors. We do collect contact information you voluntarily provide through our website, mailings, contributions, and event registrations. We have implemented a variety of standard security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Personal information is stored on a secure network and is only accessible by authorized persons who have special access rights to such systems. They are required to keep all information confidential. MHS has secure server implementation, and all sensitive/confidential information supplied is transmitted via secure technology to be only accessed as stated above. All offline transactions are kept confidential and processed through secure systems.
We rely completely on the generosity of you and other people, within the communities we support, for operational funding. This enables us to deliver on all of the programs and services we offer. We are not affiliated with any animal welfare organizations such as the ASPCA or The Humane Society of America and do not receive any funding from them. Nor, do we receive funding from any national, state, or local government agencies.
- MHS urges all prospective donors to seek the assistance of personal legal and financial advisors in matters relating to their gifts, including the resulting tax and estate planning consequences.
- Monadnock Humane Society solicits and accepts gifts that are consistent with our mission and values and/or that support our programs, services, and other special projects.
- Donations will generally be accepted from individuals, partnerships, corporations, foundations, government agencies, or other entities.
- In the course of its regular fundraising activities, MHS will accept donations of money, real property, personal property, stock, and in-kind services.
- Certain types of gifts must be reviewed prior to acceptance due to the special liabilities they may pose for MHS. Examples of gifts which will be subject to review include gifts of real property, gifts of personal property, and gifts of securities.
With Great Appreciation
We are forever grateful for your support! You make what we do possible–MHS is your organization, and together, we’re making lifesaving differences and changing the world for thousands of shelter animals and those who love them.
For additional details specific to our Gift Acceptance Policy, please contact our Director of Development and Marketing at 603-354-4015 or Executive Director at 603-354-4010.