Be a part of something wonderful. Volunteer with us...
Be a part of Monadnock Humane Society. Volunteer your skills, your time, and your energy. Help us continue to care for the over 1400 animals a year who rely on us. Whether you want to work directly with the animals in the shelter, or join in hosting community events, these links will give you more information about volunteering for Monadnock Humane Society.
Check out the many different ways you can help:
- Direct Care of Our Animals (Volunteers age 14 and older)
- School Community Service
- Therapy Pet
- Foster Care Program
We ask every Volunteer to start with Volunteer Orientation.
Orientations are offered monthly and are approximately 2 hours.
Select a date and time that fits your schedule.
- Call or e-mail with your name and Orientation date you would like to attend. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (603) 352-9011 ext 147
- Attend Orientation to learn more about MHS and the vital role of our Volunteers!
UPCOMING ORIENTATIONS: Email Volunteers@humanecommunity.org to reserve your spot.
Sunday, July 15th at 10 a.m. (Full)
Sunday, August 5th at 10:00 a.m.
Interested in providing direct care to our animals? We will give you additional species specific training .
- For the safety of you and our animals, we require you attend training in your species of interest.
- Volunteers must be 18 or older to work with our dogs. (Youth Volunteers may attend Canine Safe Handling, but may not work with our dogs.)
- All of the training offered will be outlined during Orientation. Times and dates of our Safe Handling classes are announced at general orientation. These classes are only available to volunteers who have attended Orientation.
Schools, churches, community service and other non-profit organizations wishing to participate in the MHS Volunteer Program (excluding court ordered) should contact the Volunteer Coordinator, at 352-9011, ext. 147 or email@example.com. MHS staff will work with teachers, program coordinators, and guardians/caregivers to establish an appropriate program for interested groups and/or individuals.