PLEASE NOTE: MHS is closed to the public during the COVID-19 situation. If you need to surrender a pet, please call us at 603.354.4004 or email us at email@example.com to make an appointment. We will keep you informed when we are open to the public again. Thank you.
Surrendering Your Pet
There are many reasons why a family needs to surrender their pet. Monadnock Humane Society is here to help.
Surrenders are always admitted by appointment.
What to Bring:
At the time of your appointment, please bring the following with you:
- Copy of Vaccination and Medical History
- Any items, such as bed, toys, etc. that will ease the transition from your home to shelter. Please understand, these items may not be available for you to take back if you decide to reclaim your pet.
The surrender fee assists us with the care and medical needs of your pet while at MHS:
- Intact Dog: $50
- Altered Dog: $25
- Intact Cat: $40
- Altered Cat: $20
- Litter fee (mother cat plus litter): $75
- Small Animal Fees are specific to the species.
- Emergency surrender: fee varies
Each animal admitted to MHS is evaluated medically and behaviorally for our adoption program. We are proud to have cared for more than 1,600 pets every year. All adoptable animals are welcome to stay in our care as long as needed until they find their new home.